With the revolutionary WSO2 carbon framework, plugging in service hosting components in to WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) is just a matter of seconds! It is extremely simple.
WSO2 ESB is an message mediation framework and the service endpoints usually hosted in a separate JVM. However there may be requirements to host the services inside ESB. There are different types of services you can deploy in a service container.
Axis2 web services
Spring web services
Now, you can add any of these service hosting components in to your ESB. Lets see how it can be done.
1. Download WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) -2.0 beta2
2. Extract the downloaded zip
3. Go to the bin directory in the extracted folder (ESB_HOME/bin) and run wso2server.sh or wso2server.bat
4. Point you browser to the URL https://localhost:9443/carbon and login as an admin (Use "admin", "admin" as the username and password)
5. Suppose you want JAXWS services are hosted in ESB. Then you need to have the jaxws service hosting components. You will be able to download the individual components from WSO2 Oxygen Tank soon. However, we will downlaod WSO2 WSAS-3.0-beta2 and get the components from it. Therefore, please download WSO2 WSAS 3.0-beta2 and extract the downloaded zip file in to local file system. (Lets name the extracted directory as WSAS_HOME)
6. Go to WSAS_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/plugins. You will find a lot of libraries inside that directory.
Copy org.wso2.carbon.jaxwsservices.ui_SNAPSHOT.jar, org.wso2.carbon.jaxwsservices_SNAPSHOT.jar and org.wso2.carbon.jaxws-2.1.jar files and paste them into ESB_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/plugins
7. Restart WSO2 ESB server
8. Log in to ESB management console again. You will find the JAXWS service component is listed in the left menu.
In this way, you can add any of the above service components into ESB. For example, if you want Axis2 service component inside ESB, you just need to copy org.wso2.carbon.aarservices-SNAPSHOT.jar and org.wso2.carbon.aarservices.ui-SNAPSHOT.jar as explained above.